I just recorded the Taylor Swift episode of Ten Words and I ended with the story of how Joe Sabia created the brilliant series 73 Questions for Vogue. I thought it fitting and proper therefore that I should attempt to answer those 73 questions myself, so for my own amusement (and possibly yours) here they are:
1. What’s your favourite movie? Dead Poets Society
2. Favourite movie in the past five years? La La Land
3. Favorite Hitchcock film? Vertigo
4. A book you plan on reading? Ulysses by James Joyce
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you? Garfield
6. Favourite TV show that’s currently on? Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
7. On a scale of one to ten how excited are you about life right now? 8
8. iPhone or Android? iPhone
9. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now? Everyone should be making their own path
11. What’s your favourite food? Fajitas
12. Least favourite food? Sprouts
13. What do you love on your pizza? Anchovy’s
14. Favourite drink? Old Fashioned
15. Favourite dessert? New York Cheesecake
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Milk
17. Coffee or tea? Coffee. (Anything Ethiopian)
18. What’s the hardest part about being a dad? Finding any kind of work/life balance
19. What’s your favourite band? U2
20. Favourite solo artist? Eminem
21. Favourite song? Amazing Grace
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be? Frank
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? Piano
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? Bottom of my leg. Probably something cycling related.
25. To be or not to be? To be. Always.
26. Dogs or cats? Dogs
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching? Whale watching
28. Best gift you’ve ever received? My Brietling watch.
29. Best gift you’ve ever given? Does an engagement ring count as a present?
30. Last gift you gave a friend? What is the Bible by Rob Bell
31. What’s your favourite board game? Risk
32. What’s your favourite country to visit? Sweden
33. What’s the last country you visited? Poland
34. What country do you wish to visit? India
35. What’s your favourite colour? Red (Pantone 200)
36. Least favourite colour? Beige
37. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
38. Heels or flats? Heels
39. Pilates or yoga? Yoga
40. Jogging or swimming? Swimming. Unfortunately I can’t jog anymore after a couple of car accidents. That’s why cycle so much.
41. Best way to de-stress? Cycling
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be? To be invisible
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? Lollygag! (To be idle or waste time)
44. What’s your favourite flower? Poppy. I just cycled to Paris for the Poppy Appeal and I’ll never forget riding over the Somme and imagining what it must have been like to see those flowers on the battle fields.
45. When was the last time you cried? Watching Jon Stewart’s final episode of The Daily Show.
46. Do you like your handwriting? Yes.
47. Do you bake? No. But I wish I did. I imagine it is very relaxing.
48. What is your least favourite thing about yourself? Mood swings! I can be like a bouncy Tigger one day but then a cat the next – going quiet and wanting to hide under the sofa.
49. What is your most favourite thing about yourself? My creativity. I love making (digital) things that I think other people will enjoy.
50. Who do you miss most? Family – my grand parents. The cliche (but genuine answer) Steve Jobs.
51. What are you listening to right now? Plastikman
52. Favorite smell? Tom Ford’s Vanille Fatale
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My son Lewis.
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to? My wife.
55. A sport you wish you could play? Baseball
56. Hair colour? Brown
57. Eye colour? Hazel
58. Scary film or happy endings? Happy endings!
59. Favourite season? Spring
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with? Marilyn Monroe. Robin Williams. Winston Churchill.
61. Hugs or kisses? Kisses
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles? Beatles
63. Where were you born? Salford, Manchester.
64. What is the farthest you have been from home? Cuba
65. Sweet or savory? Savory
66. Lipstick or lip gloss? Gloss
67. What book have you read again and again? Bible
68. Favourite bedtime story? Any short story by Mark Twain
69. What would be the title of your autobiography? How did THAT happen?
70. Favourite sound? My twins giggling
71. Favourite animal? Giraffe
72. Who is your girl crush? Christina Hendricks (Boy = Tom Ford)
73. Last photograph you took? A photo of my team in Warsaw